FUNCTIONS OF THE SCHOOL
The functions of the school are discharged and managed through the School’s Principal, assisted by the Deputy Principal for Academic and the Deputy Principal for Administration. These officers are directly responsible to the School’s Council.
The functions of the school are:
- train persons to be qualified advocates or vakils;
- provide continuing professional development for all categories of the legal professionals;
- provide training to paralegal in consultation with the Legal Aid Department established under the Legal Aid Act;
- provide other specialized trainings in the legal sectors;
- develop curricula, training manuals, conduct examinations and confer academic awards;
- undertake projects, research and consultancies; and
- arrange for publication and dissemination of legal practice literature generated from activities of the school as may be determined by the Council.